Hi, everyone! How are we all doing? Has everyone watched Stranger Things yet on Netflix? If you haven’t, where have you been? This show has been the talk of the town since July.
In all fairness, I was a little late to the game as well. The Sunday of Labor Day Weekend I finally got on board and watched this show straight through all in one day. I can’t tell you the last time I’ve binge-watched a show as hard as this. It definitely lives up to the hype.
I’ve seen numerous people on the internet describe Stranger Things as a love letter to 80’s sci-fi movies or Stephen King novels to which I wholeheartedly agree, however, I’d also argue that it’s very much a love letter to Eggo waffles. That’s because they show up at least once, if not multiple times in just about every episode. The amount of money the Kellogg Company paid for product placement in this show is probably insane.
Eggo’s are featured throughout the series predominantly by one of, if not, the best characters on the show, Eleven. (Although, I know good Ol’ Barbara has quickly gained a cult following online. #justiceforbarb) Therefore, when thinking about what drink I’d make for Stranger Things, it seems only fair to highlight the star of the series and her favorite breakfast staple.
Hopefully, this martini will get you through until season two comes out and if you still haven’t watched Stranger Things, I encourage you to make this drink and see what all the fuss is about. After all, why keep this curiosity door locked?
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1oz Baileys Coffee Creamer (If you want a stronger bourbon taste, you can use heavy cream.)
- 1/2 oz Grade A maple syrup (Make sure you get quality syrup. The cheaper stuff is too thick and will just stick to the bottom of the glass.)
- Mini Eggo waffle for garnish (Optional)
- In a shaker full of ice, add in all the ingredients and shake.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a mini Eggo waffle if you so choose.
If you’re still in the TV themed cocktail mood, I reccommend trying my three ingredient Game of Thrones cocktail. 😉